Monday, October 7, 2013

It's My Birthday!

Pinterest

Yahooooo! It's my birthday! I am unabashedly celebrating my birthday today.  I'm 32 and gosh darn it, I'm excited. I don't think I've been this excited since my parents let me have a bowling party back in the day (at which I cried on my dad's shoulder because I kept getting gutter balls). 

No, Josh isn't flying me to Paris for gelato or hiring Incubus to come play for me and anyone cool enough to know who that is. We aren't doing anything spectacular or unique. Frankly we don't have any money for that. But the celebration of my birthday is not what drives my excitement this year. No, instead I am overwhelmed with gratitude for the prayers God has answered for Josh and I. 

Josh wanted to move home. Check. We both prayed we would be able to start a family. Almost Check. I prayed for a church community and older men to come alongside Josh. Check and Check. God is working overtime for us this year. Truth is we still have financial worries, the concerns over our future, and looming feelings of inadequacy about whether or not we can raise a child right. But all I see in front of me is a bunch of prayer requests that have turned to praises. 

"I am the Alpha and the Omega - the beginning and the end", says the Lord God. "I am the one who is, who always was, and who is still to come - the Almighty One." Rev 22:13


/ / For kicks and giggles / / 
How I spent last year's birthday and my transition from the 20's to 30's two years ago, The Roaring Twenties and The Misconception of 30.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday J!! <3 & congrats!!! Super excited for you both :D <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 32 to you! This is going to be your best year!

    ReplyDelete