Monday, April 20, 2009

Marion Yumori

Yesterday was Marion's funeral.

I truly believe she was one of the most faithful people I have ever met. I took her Crown Financial Bible Class, I listened to her speak several times, I heard many stories from Randy, I heard many more stories yesterday.

In Hebrews there is a section that talks about faith. They mention notable people in the bible who were faithful; Abel, Enoch, Noah, Abraham, Moses, Rahab, Gideon, Samson, David, and more. And this is what is said of them:

"All these people were still living by faith when they died. They did not receive the things promised; they only saw them and welcomed them from a distance. And they admitted that they were aliens and strangers on earth. People who say such things show that they are looking for a country of their own. If they had been thinking of the country they had left, they would have had opportunity to return. Instead, they were longing for a better country - a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them." Hebrews 11:13-16

Because of Marion's overflow of faith, God is not ashamed to be her God and has prepared a place for her.

Marion, thank you for your legacy of faith.

1 comment:

  1. Amen and Amen.

    Reminds me of Nichole Nordeman's song "Legacy."

    "I want to leave a legacy, how will they remember me? Did I choose to love? Did I point to You enough to make a mark on things? I want to leave an offering. Child of mercy and grace who bless Your Name...unapologetically...to be that kind of legacy."

    Marion, you left your offering-wholeheartedly, unabashedly and completely-glorifying to the God who saved you...now once, and for all. Carpe Heaven!

    ReplyDelete